Or how our dentist
has become your child's best friend
Here are some recommendations we give before the child's first visit to our clinic:
1. Tell the child why he needs to go to the doctor (the occurrence of caries, holes in the teeth).
2. What is the name of the doctor to whom the child goes (our doctors are good and useful aunts Ani, Julie, Inna, Kati and Oli, who will help to make the teeth healthy and not sick).
3. Tell about what will happen at the reception (cleaning the tooth with a brush, in order to remove the dirt that the worm has made in the tooth; sealing the hole with plasticine, so that the worm does not get into its hole-the house back).
4. Parents should Express joyful mood when telling about the trip to the dentist, suppress their anxiety, if any. Remember that the child is connected to you with invisible threads, and the success of the treatment depends largely on the mood of the parent.
Dr. Anna Ivanovna Krylova: "I am the mother of three beautiful girls. I treat them like all parents. However, there are questions in which Anya's mother requires obedience and patience. And one of these situations include procedures related to health. Yes, and my legs can be swollen from the sight of my child's blood. Then the husband comes to the rescue, although he is not a doctor. But my anxiety is not a reason to stop treatment or tell the doctor what to do. I always try to choose the best doctor for my children and trust him. That doesn't mean you don't have to ask questions, by the way. But to load yourself with information, and therefore doubts, is not what you need to direct your attention when the child is bad.
I understand the excitement of every parent who came to see us, but I understand that the more worried the parents, the worse the child. That doesn't mean You shouldn't worry (it's just impossible!), but I advise you to keep your hands to yourself for the benefit of its crumbs. Vol... trust the professionals. & quot;
usually, most children need discipline at the dentist. No, not in a bad way. But if I'm a doctor, I take responsibility for the life of a child, I take that responsibility. First of all, the child should be adjusted to the wave of obedience (the treatment process may be associated with risks to the child's life and child pampering in the chair can lead to an increased risk of injury to the child). Unfortunately, if this did not happen, then a visit to the dentist, who will ask to perform some actions, will be difficult for the child.
we Certainly understand that babies are impatient and can't stay in one place for long. To do this, we have learned a huge number of poems and songs, we are able to distract our young patients with interesting conversations, so the time in the chair will fly by, and the teeth will be treated qualitatively, and the father and mother will be absolutely calm for the health of new teeth of their son or daughter.
in my practice, there were wonderful examples of parents, the right attitude which allowed to treat the youngest children aged 1.5-1.8 years. There were also those parents who at first sight trusted me and allowed me to build their relationship with the child, did not interfere in communication with the baby on the first visit and this allowed me to find my key to the child and build my individual behavior model. And the most important thing - quality to treat teeth.
I would also like to list the main mistakes that parents make when they come to the dentist with a child:
1. The phrase:"Open your mouth, you will do nothing " or"you just look teeth & quot; - fundamentally wrong if the child already has a bad tooth. You need to properly present the manipulations that the doctor will do: clean and wash the tooth (do not drill!!!), glue sticker-plasticine (seal-a strange word for many children).
2. Take very active troubled participation at the reception, interrupting the doctor, do not allow to establish the contact with the child. Try to follow the conversation of the doctor and the child, and all the accumulated questions, it is better to ask at the end that the child does not lose the mood and patience. The smaller the baby, the less time the doctor has for treatment (maximum time of children in the chair depending on age: 2-3 years - 15-20 minutes - from sitting in the chair to leaving it; 3-4 years - 30-40 minutes; 5-6 years - about an hour).
3. the child is Intimidated that if he does not treat his tooth, he will need to give an INJECTION or go to the hospital. As a result-the child is afraid of doctors, injections, and the mouth is still closed.
4. run Into the office at the slightest cries of the child. Often the child is not painful, but uncomfortable and unpleasant in the mouth (sour, bitter from the application of medicines, the water splashing during dissection near the nose). And if he feels these feelings for the first time, then the natural reaction for many children will be a cry (this is a kind of discharge of discomfort and often brings more relief than restraining emotions in yourself). The cry is short and we quickly switch the attention of the baby. But the frightened parent who appeared at the door can spoil the entire outcome of treatment.
5. Listen to the child's internal state on individual visits. In children too there are bad days, days of bad mood, early waking, etc. If the child is not explicitly configured on treatment is not to insist on treatment at any cost.
6. At the end of the visit, do not give the child to enjoy the choice of a gift. And this is very important, as the child at this time relaxes and plunges into the world of toys and forgets about discomfort during treatment and happy to go to the dentist in the next few times.
I want to emphasize separately the attention of parents that the presence of mom or dad in the office during treatment very often helps the child feel comfortable. And we are happy to take mom or dad to help us treat teeth. Therefore, we approach this issue individually.
we always tell parents that the most important thing is not just to treat the child in the first visit, and to make the second time the child himself wanted to go to the doctor. One of my patients once told my mother:
" And let us walk in Managertest every day?"